Why breast implants important to other women?
Sexiness, femaleness and attractiveness are some factors that could define the total image of a woman. For some valid reasons, women want their breasts to stay firmer, larger, fuller and in still in sexy shape.
According to some studies, the positive results of augmentation surgery could promote affirmative psychological results for the patients. It can boost the self esteem and encourage the constructive and optimistic personality of the individual.
During the initial consultation with the surgeon, the patient will have to choose what type of implants she wants to use, the silicone or the saline implants. The assistance and explanation of the surgeon regarding these types would really be an advantage for the patient to choose from:
- Saline implants are the types of breast implants that contain sterile salt or saline in a silicone shells.
- Silicone implants are silicone shells with plastic gel (silicone)
Breast implants surgery will last from one to two hours.
It can be performed as an outpatient surgical operation and general anesthesia will be use to make the patient sleep and feel no pain. The different methods of breast implants are practice by various surgeons. Incision may be done under the breast, or under the arm, or around the areola or it will depend on the patient´s body, the types of implants to be use and to how much be the enlargement will be done. The patient with the professional suggestion of the surgeon will be placed into a pocket below or above the chest´s muscle. After the placement of the implants, the surgeon will close the incision with suture or surgical tapes.
Like some of the cosmetic surgical procedures, breast implants has its common risks and complications, some of them are as follows:
- Loss of sensation
- Mondor´s cord
- Gel bleeding
- Breast implants rippling
- Bottoming out
- Unsatisfactory results
- Capsular contracture
- Interference with mammograms
After the surgical procedure of breast implants, the ideal recovery time will take two to three weeks. After several days, the surgical dressings will be removed. On the first week after the surgery, the patient will be allowed to have a shower and can resume the minimal of not so strenuous daily activities. The discoloration and bruising will disappear after a month and the swelling will gradually subside. The movements of the arms must be limited up to three weeks.
The following simple instructions of the surgeon should be followed for the speedy recovery:
- Eat healthy diet
- Religiously, take the prescribed medications
- Avoid strenuous physical activities
- Strict personal hygiene must be practiced
- Take time off from work for three weeks to one month
- Avoid applying lotion and cream in the surgical area without the instruction of the surgeon
- Apply ice packs to minimize the swelling and bruising
- Try to relax by reading good materials or watching favorite television programs
- Try to protect the breast/s from some personal contact or accidents
- Wear necessary clothing for comfort and safety
Here are the simple instructions that must be followed by everyone after having breast implants.